How To Arm Yourself Against The War On Your Identity Part 2
How To Arm Yourself Against The War On Your Identity: Welcome To Part 2
We are continuing on the journey to help you understand, How To Arm Yourself Against The War On Your Identity. Before we continue from where we left off, I want you to click here to go to Part 1 of this series if you have not read it yet.
With that out of the way, lets progress along.
- It is considered by law enforcement to be an absolute epidemic, the fastest growing crime in the United States at this time.
- For the criminal, identity theft is a relatively low-risk, high-reward endeavor. Credit card issuers often don’t prosecute thieves who are apprehended. Why? The firms figure it’s not cost efficient. They can afford to write off a certain amount of fraud as a cost of doing business.
- Recently criminals have been using the victim’s identity to commit crimes ranging form traffic infractions to felonies. How would you like to find out you are wanted for a crime you know nothing about? It has happened.
- All that is needed is your social security number, your birth date and other identifying information such as your address and phone number and whatever else they can find out about you. With this information, and a false driver’s license with their own picture, they can begin the crime.
- If you wait until it happens to you, it’s a nightmare. You won’t know until you are denied credit or a creditor contacts you about a charge you know nothing about.
How To Arm Yourself Against The War On Your Identity: At Home
- If you have roommates, employ outside help, or are having work done in your home, make sure your personal information is not readily available to them.
- Deposit your outgoing mail in post office collection boxes or at your local post office, rather than in an unsecured mailbox. Promptly remove mail from your mailbox. If you’re planning to be away from home and can’t pick up your mail, call the U.S. Postal Service at 1-800-275-8777 to request a vacation hold. The Postal Service will hold your mail at your local post office until you can pick it up or are home to receive it.
- Tear or shred your charge receipts, copies of credit applications, insurance forms, physician statements, checks and bank statements, expired charge cards that you’re discarding, and credit offers you get in the mail. To opt out of receiving offers of credit in the mail, call: 1-888-5-OPTOUT (1-888-567-8688).
- Give your Social Security number only when absolutely necessary, and ask to use other types of identifiers. If your state uses your Social Security number as your driver’s license number, ask to substitute another number. Do the same if your health insurance company uses your Social Security number as your policy number.
How To Arm Yourself Against The War On Your Identity: Stay Tuned For Part 3
Thank you for taking time to read this article. There will be more material as the parts string along. Be sure to look out for the upcoming edition of How To Arm Yourself Against The War On Your Identity. Till then stay safe and Protect Your Goods
Take Care And God Bless
Join Us On Facebook :
If you would like to know how my company and I can help you gain a better chance at a peace of mind then check out the information below.
If you are looking for extra money and would like the possibility of getting a $200 commission plus residuals per system sold. Then click the banner below to find out more information on how to join a team that can make it possible for you.